Saturday, April 23, 2011

Christ Has Risen!


Buona Pasqua (Happy Easter) everyone! It is 3 in the morning and Regi and I got back a little bit ago from the Easter Vigil mass in the Basilica. I am so filled with joy that I just had to say Happy Easter to everyone. Regi and I went this morning under the basilica to see the tombs of the popes and saints and we realized that today traditionally in the very early church the Christians would go into the crypts symbolizing the time Jesus was laying in the tomb.

The photo I added is a photo of the pope baptizing new Catholics into the church. It was very emotional.

It has been a joyful day and there are so many stories that we want to add to this blog when we get a chance. I think tomorrow we might get a chance to write more. But for now we wish everyone a very happy Easter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Bernard and Regina:

A very Happy and Blessed Eastertime with the Holy Father in Rom. What a joy and blessing!

We are moved to tears for joy and watched somethings on the Net.
We also received the URBI ET ORBI!

Christ is risen Alleluia!!!!!!!!

Sending our LOVE and blessings through our Risen Lord. Pace!

Mama and Papa