Monday, February 21, 2011

Finally Some Vitamin D

We finally had our first full day of sun! It was so great to soak up as much vitamin D as possible. I knew that this was the only time I could photograph Ireland in the sun so Regi and I played hooky in the morning and went for a long walk. Regi was a bit tired so she turned back to start work and I continued on.

Farther down the road I found an abandoned house. It was a strange feeling being in an old skeleton of a house and wondering what it was like when the house had life in it. There was the old stairs and I could hear the old farmer’s foot steps trudging up the wooden stairs after a long hard day of work. The fire place was warming the food that the wife had put on. Why was it empty and dead? What had happened?

There can be only so much fun before you have to get back to work. Today’s task was to plant lettuce and finishes the raspberry beds. After planting the lettuce and about 15 wheelbarrows of dirt later we were bushed. Tuckered out.

The last chore was to watch the kids for a few hours. The kids had fun making shadow puppets and strangling each other.

It was a good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great photo.