Thursday, May 26, 2011

Home


We arrived home at midnight greeted with a light mist in our face from the Humboldt fog and the smell of the ocean in our noses. Home once again. We had mixed feelings about coming home. On one hand it was nice to be where our bed was but on the other hand we didn't want this trip to be over. There were so many wonderful adventures and even places that I wanted to call home (St. Georgen, Austria). Are we ready for the humdrum life to start again? Do we want that mist in our faces again? I have to keep telling myself this is not the end but part of a lifelong journey. An adventure that never stops but continues on and on in different directions.

I am so grateful to all the people that we met. Everyone truly enriched our lives and touched us in a special way. To all of our host families, our friends, and our family that we have met I want to thank you for all the love, generosity, and kindness that you have shown to Regina and myself.

We will never forget our European Adventure.

No comments: