Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Where is Bernie Going For His Birthday?

Dobry den! Regi and I have decided on a location to visit for my 35th birthday (April 18)! I am not going to reveal the location until we get there but I am going to leave one clue about the location every time I write a new blog. Everyone can comment and leave their guesses.

So for the first clue about the location we are going to visit for my birthday is…
1. This place has been inhabited since prehistoric time. Over 6,500 dwellings have been identified.


Our time so far in Prague has been wonderful. Katie has shown us so many beautiful places. After we visited the castle the other evening, I took off on my own to photograph the city at night. Charles Bridge was the most interesting to me. It had the palace (aka the castle) and the St. Vitus church in the background and stunning statues that lined the bridge. The sky was perfect as well with deep blue sky and light broken up clouds the glowed pink with the city lights. Another interesting structure that I photographed was the T.V. towers. In former Communist times the towers were used to block signals from the west from getting into their country. There is a local artist that created huge faceless babies that are crawling up and down the towers to represent the Jewish cemetery that the Russians destroyed to build the tower.



We had a long hike today through Czesky Raj or Czech Paradise which was just that. It had beautiful rock formations and overlooks. The weather was great. We visited two beautiful castles.

Na shledanou!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is it Lombardy???
:-)) ILJC +